Saturday, March 30, 2013

The importance and purposes of parenting.

Which parent is a child better without?? The mom or the dad?

I originally had a huge list of insights from class, but for some reason it deleted those insights that I had put on this page.
From what I remember about them, we discussed parenting and different ways to parent

Polite request
Firm request
I message- "I feel this way when this happens"
Logical consequence

Children are interesting creatures, and if they are treated with respect, they will also give back respect. The best way to teach them that is through showing them what they need to be doing. Children copy what their parents do. So why would any parent want to teach them things that really don't matter or silly habits that they have. It is important to do you best to be the best you when you are around your children, because they pick up on those silly things that you wouldn't think they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment