Friday, March 22, 2013

No success can compensate for failure in the home.

I never realized the importance of mothers being in the home until we discussed the negative effects of a mother working outside the home. My mother was always in the home and I wouldn't trade that for the world, because there is just something about having my mother home, but I didn't realize that there really are many negative sides to it. Of course some mothers have to work in order for their children to really be able to have a good life, but if at all possible mothers should not work outside of the home. In no way does a woman trade her brain for a mop when she decides to stay home and raise her children. Children are the next generation, why not do our best to make sure that they are the best they can be? We always say that we want better for our kids than we got, and I honestly believe having a mother in the home if possible is the best way.
Children learn so much in the home. Yes of course they learn a lot in school, but more of what is learned is retained when they are in a more comfortable and familiar place as they learn. Being a mother can be one of the most rewarding jobs. The importance of learning in the home is something that I didn't realize as much until learning it in this class. It's no wonder the church stresses teaching in the home so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment